gk fed-ex horror story unfolding...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by spockrock79, Jul 14, 2005.

1. spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    so i just ordered a 700rb II from riksmusic.com. it was set to be delivered to my house today. before i come home from work i checked the fed-ex site to see if it had been delivered and yes it had. so i get home excited to open a new box filled with my new toy. well, there is not a box to be found. parts of my family have been home all morning and evidently nothing has been delivered. i have called fed-ex and they're doing some sort of of trace and may be able to get back with my today or at the latest tomorrow... :confused: the fed ex page said that the package was left at the back door, well i'll be darned if something is out there with an amp in it...and this is the one time i waived a signature, i wasn't sure who would be home...so it looks like i may be out 500.00...anyone ever go through this?
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Yes, its happened to me several times, though never with fed ex, only UPS.

I've never been out money, they always either found the package, or got the shipper to send me another one. Its a hassle but not a huge $$$ loss.
  3. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Sounds to me like if you signed/agreed to the signature waiver, you're screwed. Was it insured by the shipper? FedEx is usually very good about paying when the item was insured.
  4. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Aww man!

Was delivery to work and at the least getting a co-worker to sign for it not an option.

That sucks. :eyebrow:
  5. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Don't get too worked up just yet. I used to be a FedEx courier, and there are plenty of possibilities that wouldn't cost you anything but aggravation. First off, check the address from the airbill tracking. Pay special attention to the zip code. Are you positive that the tracking number you were given was actually for your package? Mis-addressed packages end up in all kinds of interesting places. The courier could've left it at the wrong house or apartment too, through their fault or not.

As far as liability, that'll probably depend on the shipper's normal policies, and whether you waived something that they'd normally require, being a signature on delivery. That varies quite a bit from shipper to shipper, in my experience.
  6. spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    i've had so many things delivered to my house...my b100r, dr bass cab, ashdown mag300, dirnt p bass...i didn't think twice about not asking for a signature, someone is always there anyway...this sucks...
  7. i know what you mean. i ad a big prooblem with fedex not too long ago. I Ordered my Schroeder 1212 and forgot that he shipped fedex, now eing in school im never home in the day, so i dont knwo how they woudl expect me to be there at 11:00 to meet them. so when they 1st dropped it off i called Jorg and had them release the signature, which they FORGOT TO MARK, they also "forgot" 2 times I called them and 1 time Jorg did, hey had record of ONE call! so i have to drive all the way to Norfolk to pick it up(45 min) and when i get it home, there is a huge crack in the Baffle!!! eventually i had fedex pick that one up and Jorg got me out a new one asap, released signature and everything
  8. you screwed yourself by doing that...

good luck though. i hope everything works out. (that amps sounds great by the way)
  9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002

10. spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    well this morning hopefully i've gotten a resolution to this little conundrum...i just got a call from the fed-ex ground office, evidently the driver delivered the amp to the wrong house, my street is "pinefield drive" it was delivered to a house on "greenfield drive"(my street is right off of greenfield), how he thought he delivered it to the right house # i'll never know...regardless, i have a name and phone number of a mgr who has stated the driver will try to retrieve the package today and deliver it hopefully this afternoon or monday, if unable to retrieve he has said they'll take care of it and pay for another amp to be sent from riks, so looks like this may have a happy ending...
  11. spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    good news...the head was delivered to my neighbor's house right up the street, i went over there last night and got my gk. they opened it which is kinda weird i think, why open a package cleary not intended for you?...but i ran the head through its paces this afternoon and all is good...