1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Fusion 550 motorized pots stopped working

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MartLTB, Nov 25, 2017.

1. MartLTB

MartLTB

May 17, 2014
    Germany
    Hello, I have some trouble with my Fusion 550. It used to work fine until yesterday but today I turned it on and the motorized pots are not working at all and also the power light does not flash anymore when the mute is engaged, the mute itself works though. Everything else seems to be working fine and it sounds just as good as always.
    It's one of the older models (~2009) so it is not under warranty anymore. I'll be most likely taking it to a tech but money's a little tight at the moment so I'm looking for clues on what the issue might be so I can save the tech some time. Anyone here maybe had this before and can point me in the right direction?

2. MartLTB

MartLTB

May 17, 2014
    Germany
    Well, I just opened it up to see if its just a fuse or so but couldn't see anything so I put it back together, turned it on again and everythings back working again, time will tell if it stays that way....

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    May I suggest that you give the manufacturer's service dept a call and see how they recommend proceeding with this amp? My experience is that they will get you good information.

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. When in doubt, re-boot.

agedhorse and quickfix like this.
  5. If it doesn’t work kick it!

If it still doesn’t work kick it again.

That’s called re-booting the system! :D

Jeff Scott likes this.