GK Goldline head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ampeg SVT, Jul 7, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

2. IIRC,The Goldline series is a budget line produced overseas for G.C./M.F.

Here is Bob Gallien's reply to a member who had blown a 15" Goldline speaker by playing a synth effect with his 700RB.

The Glodline 115 is a good cabinet but it is not intended to go with the very high current 700RB which is strictly a pro head. A better match available at GC would be the Neo115(400W), Neo410 (800W) or Neo212 (400W). All these cabinets accomodate the Horn Bi-Amp feature from the 700RB as well.

As you can see, Bob is not recommending it very heartily for pro use.

3. plus gk doesnt even have the goldline stuff on their site.

4. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Spector Basses-New Artist
    I actually own the head. I know I got the first batch because up until that point I'd never seen it before in my life and because the GK logo on mine is not gold/mustard colored but negative gold on black. It sounds great and was bought at GC. Its Plenty loud and looks way cool. Its actually my first GK.

5. RockfordEpiphay

RockfordEpiphay

Feb 22, 2009
    I just became a member to get info on amps. I have the GK 500 Goldline, and have had problems with it. My first 500 was returned after issues with a crackle that I was unable to find the source of. GC allowed me to set up in the store and play around mixing heads and speakers with my usual set up. GC replaced my 500 telling me they tought it was a bad crossover. The problem seemed to be fixed until today when the crackle showed up again six months after swapping out the 500 head. I don'tknow what to do. I am looking at Markbass as well. I use the Goldline 4x10, and am very happy wth that, but the head has caused me too much frustration.

6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Contact [email protected] about the trouble he IS the go to man at GK.

7. Damen Turner

Damen Turner

Apr 5, 2016
    The only difference is if you use distortion. The good solid states are a blend of artificial distortion and overdriven components that create square waves and odd harmonic resonances rather than even.

8. Ozo Mills

Ozo Mills

Mar 23, 2016
    I watched some utube videos and this thing sound real noisy.. I found a deal and was curious about it as I have a glx 410 an 15 wich are decent enuff .. I just grab up a backline 600 and I don't like it. Just doing sum research b4 i piss away more money

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  9. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    If you don't like the back line, this head isn't going to be much better. You'll be better off finding something else for your setup. The cheaper GK stuff doesn't do bi-amping anyways, so you aren't missing out on anything regardless of which head you run.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021