1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK head help, please!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigBud, Mar 14, 2008.

1. BigBud

BigBud

Dec 22, 2007
    Hey there guys. Maybe one of you can steer me in the right direction on a stubborn GK 400RB. Nothing coming out....flipping the switch lights it up, and I hear the speaker on my 1-18 give a thump, but nothing. Speaker gives that bye-bye thump when I flip the switch off. Any Ideas out there? Thanks, Big Bud

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Try bypassing the effects loop by connecting an instrument cable in the effects loop, just on the off chance that the contacts in the jacks have become dirty. If the amp works after you do it, that's your problem. That happens on a few amps that use a similar effects loop system. The speaker thump indicates that the power amp section at least is working.

Beyond that, I don't know, if you've checked out every other possible cause. It may be time to take it to a tech. You can also contact GK. They're pretty helpful, although it's pretty hard to diagnose an amp problem on a long distance line.