Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK head question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tucker, Jun 15, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    HEY ALL.
    I'M LOOKING TO BUY A NEW BASS HEAD. WELL THE HEAD IS A GK 700RB IM SURE MANY OF YOU GUYS HEARD OF IT. WELL THIS GUY IS ASKING $325 FOR IT ALONG WITH A SKB RACK CASE. MY QUESTION IS THIS. IS THE PRICE TOO LOW FOR THE RACK AND THE BASS HEAD. BECAUSE THE HEAD IS ABOUT $650-700 AND THE RACK IS ABOUT $100.00 I THINK. FROM MANY PEOPLES POINT OF VIEW THEY SAY ITS A GREAT HEAD AND THEY LOVE IT. HE BOUGHT IT IN '88 AND I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS A RIP OFF CAUSE ITS SO OLD AND INEXPENSIVE. WELL GET BACK TO ME ASAP IF YOU CAN. THANX FOR ALL HE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY.
    It looks like its in good shape though.
    If I did this right heres a pic at the bottom just go and look at it I think( I've never done this before)

2. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
  3. YOU DON'T NEED CAPS 'CAUSE WE ALL CAN SEE YOU REAL GOOD!!!

GK did not offer the 700RB till the late 1990's.

The seller is either referring to an 800RB, which has been an outstanding amp for may years, or you two have your wires crossed.

$325 for an RB800 in an SKB case is a very good deal.

If the amp is a 700RB, I would suggest looking really hard at that baby, 'cause it would be a real steal.

4. That is an 800RB. That's a good price, but don't expect to get it for that amount, unless the guy is willing to end the auction early for some reason. There are still five days left on that auction.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I recently sold a near-mint 800RB for $370 in Southern California. It's a reliable, decent sounding amp but not on a par, IMO, with the Edens and SWR's of today.

6. pbassfreak

pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    I BOUGHT A 800RB THAT LOOKED PERFECT..AFTER
    250.00 OF REPAIRS AND LOTS OF PROBLEMS IT STILL FARTING AND CUTTING OUT..LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT IF SOMEONE IS SELLING ONE ITS PROBABLY DONE..I COULD BE WRONG BUT JUST SO YOU KNOW

7. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Ok Sorry about the All CAPS but my computer somehow made that function work automatically.
    WEll anyways thanx for all the replies and comments. The bass head he was selling wasan 800rb it was my mistake. But I did find a 700rb for about 300 bucks and I think and most positive that it is better then an 800rb. WEll the guy lives near me so I might visit him and play the head.