1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB 210.....headphones?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hutzbordello, Apr 9, 2010.

1. What kind of jack/headphones do you guy suggest

obv i have the Gk Mb 210

just never bought headphones for an amp before

i guess not the cheapest but lets say

between 40-75 bucks?

2. therh

therh

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    What do you mean exactly?

3. like the studio headphones that plug into the headphones jack

do i need like......a jack or just the headphones

also i have no idea a good brand or w.e

4. baron665

baron665

Apr 9, 2010
    Michigan
    A pair of Sony headphones for around $20 should do (you can order online at various sites or you can go to any Walmart, Target, ETC store, and have change to spare). I had a pair, but my dog ate em. You can always get the pricier ones. I recently got a pair of Behringer DJ headphones, and I will say the Sony's are far superior. I should have bought a studio pair, not DJ. I though that because DJs use bass in their music, they would do for bass guitar. I was wrong. The lower frequencies fart out. Most studio style headphones will work though, as long as they have a 1/4" adapter. And a lot of headphones come with one. I do have to add that Skullcandy makes some trendy looking headphones(all hype), but i hear the sound quality isn't the greatest. I do recommend the Sony's. Even the cheap $20 ones I had sounded tight. They do have ones for $75, and even higher if you are willing to go that high. But you could very well be happy with a $50 pair.

5. Stev187

Stev187 Peavey MegaBass Club!

Jan 11, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    Thought I'd leave word here about this...

I just finished practicing for a couple of hours after the family went to bed (headphones required). It was my first long session with the MB210. Since it's hard to EQ in the living room, I wan't thinking this was a great amp for solo practice--just a light and loud amp for band practice.

Two details about the GK210 as a headphone practice amp:
    1. You really need to set the gain/master volume differently (e.g. turn the master way down to get rid of amp hiss)
    2. If you're practicing with a drum machine, practice CD or MP3 using the input, the gain/master volumes are a big help. You can set the level of your bass with MAIN and the level of the MP3 with MASTER. Works great.

I prefer to practice without headphones, but this worked fairly well, and the GAIN/MASTER trick above means your amp is like a little mixer for bass/input. Nice design, GK!

--Steve

P.S. My favorite cans for bass practice are Alessandro/Grado MS1s. Awesome headphones.
    http://www.alessandro-products.com/headphones.html

6. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    I'm with Baron665. I have a $20 pair of Sony's (MDR-V150) that do just fine for that pupose. I've always bought Sony's and have a more upscale $100 pair to listen to my stereo with but to be honest with you there isn't all that much difference. Both have a very flat frequency response and offer great fidelity.