1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB Fusion 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bongofour, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Bongofour

Bongofour

Sep 5, 2010
    The wifey ordered me one 2 days ago as an early holiday present!!!

Review within 2 weeks

2. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    That's a pretty good present as presents go, and a pretty good wife to boot. I consider myself lucky when my wife doesn't break what I already have out of spite.

3. You'll pay. We always. :D

4. Just received my Gallien-Krueger MB Fusion 500 Micro amp today from a fellow TB'er and this amp is SWEET! WOW!! Its hard to believe that so much power can come from such a small amp. It has a very nice tone to it and can be adjusted to suite any style and is very quiet. I had the Fusion connected to a Peavey 2X10, 4ohm cabinet first and then to my SWR Goliath 4X10, 8ohm cabinet while using my Roscoe LG3005 and this amp had no problem with either. I had the master volume at about 3 or 4 and the gain at about 5 and this amp was crankin' out the sound! I'm sold on this amp for sure. I must say I was little skeptical before buying it but all the reviews I read gave it a thumbs up.....and now I can agree! I will give it a test run at church this weekend and get an even better feel for it in a bigger setting. I'm sure it will do just fine. I would recommend this amp to anyone looking for a small, light-weight amp that sounds SWEET!

5. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Anybody ever comment on the DI quality of this amp? It looks like the best micro I haven't tried yet.

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Very nice! Congrats! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:

7. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I really like my MB500 and can only imagine the Fusion is even nicer sounding. As far as micro amps go, I prefer this on over the Shuttle 6 and LMIII that I had previously.