GK MB Fusion mute switch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stubborne, Jul 26, 2018.

1. stubborne

stubborne

Oct 22, 2009
    Rock Hill, SC
    The spring mechanism has broken in the mute switch. Amp is around 6-7 years old so that switch has seen a lot of action. The switch might still work but I have been very careful to ensure it's not depressed because it's very difficult to pull it back out. I've been operating like this for a couple months but it's worrisome as that low end shake could walk it back enough to activate the mute mid-song (that hasn't happened yet).

Wondering if anyone has experienced this and personally made the fix? I've ordered replacement parts from GK before just not sure if this work should go to the service center. I'm not too confident with soldering on the board and do not know if this fix would require something like that - or maybe easy as replacing the spring mechanism in the mute switch.

Appreciate any advice...

2. stubborne

stubborne

Oct 22, 2009
    Rock Hill, SC
    Ah well, ordered the part from Lany and will take it to the shop.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The knob may be pushed in too far on its shaft. Pull on it until it slides out a little on the shaft, then try the switch.

4. stubborne

stubborne

Oct 22, 2009
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yeah, did all that, the spring is definitely busted or disengaged. The knob moves freely. I received the part today from GK, was just curious if anyone had experience doing a fix like this.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021