Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK MB112 replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LennyPenny, Sep 13, 2013.

1. LennyPenny

LennyPenny

Mar 14, 2011
    Belgium
    Hi all,

I have one of these combos (the old one with the metal front cover) and I'm thinking of upgrading. I'm considering a Markbass mini cmd112p. I know someone who has one of these and is very happy with it. I used it once by itself in a small acoustic bar gig, and once with a Markbass 112 extention cab and I think it sounds great and would be plenty loud for anything I'd need it for in the near future.
    On the other hand, a part of me is saying "get a bit more than you really need and go for one of the new MB112s with an MBP112 (or maybe even MBP212) cab". Then I could use the combo for anything small, and still have the option of expanding for larger gigs.

The question is how much louder/fuller would the combo + cab setup be than the Markbass by itself? The former is about 200 euros cheaper than the latter, so I seems to make more sense to go with that.

Alternatively, I COULD get an MB500 head with two 112s. Then I'd also have a lot of flexibility, but it would be considerably more expensive.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I play in a pop band with a few different influences (reggae, jazz,..) consisting of keys, a not-too-hard hitting drummer, guitar and bass.