GK MB115 (1st gen) vs GK MB115-II (current gen)? Which one is better?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jtaing562, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Jtaing562

Jtaing562

May 24, 2013
    I really want this combo and was wondering what the differences are besides the looks?

I can get a used first gen for $200 or the current gen for $450 new+shipped. Help me out here?

2. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    I own the MB115 II which is adaptable to the GK MBP series powered cabinets thereby increasing your power from your lower powered combo.

3. Hey, I've owned the first gen MB115 for nearly three years. Haven't really fallen in love with it. Horn hisses too loudly to use. Not enough volume for rock/jazz with drums. Mine just left on a warranty trip from Fla to NYC because it quit working. That said, if you can pick up a used MB115 for about $200, you may limit your future unhappiness. There seems to be very little real difference between the two. Be sure to check out the horn hissing issue before buying.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021