1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB115 "Flat" Settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Awesome Sauce, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    I'll be taking possession of a new-to-me MB115 tomorrow and I'm loving the tone I can get out of it, but was curious as to where "flat" was on this combo. Any help is much appreciated.

2. I can’t remember but I think someone posted it so you might do a search. I think it was something like horn on, contour off, hi treble 11 o’clock, mid treble 1 o’clock, mid bass 12 o’clock and lo bass 11 o’clock - but don’t quote me.

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
  4. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    Thank you VERY much. That confirms why I had to turn down the bass for the first time in my life on an amp- total mud if eq w/ your eyes. :scowl:

5. Yeah, close your eyes and don’t be afraid to twist the knobs - that’s why they are there. Nice little amp too.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Quoted for truth.

7. I actually used to run my MB112 with low & high mids cranked, bass almost off. Sounds weird but sounds really warm. I found it to be a bit of a boomy little box.