Gk mb115 ii hardware bolt size

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JetpackKittens, May 17, 2016.

1. JetpackKittens

JetpackKittens

May 17, 2016
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue or can help me fix my amp properly. I just received an open box mb115. Everything looks new and it powers on great and plays great so far. When I looked it over to see why it may had been returned I found the issue immediately. The power inlet/plug part was loose. It pushes in when you push the power cord into it. It seems the two screws holding it in have stripped the plastic. My question is... Is it proper to get slightly bigger screws? Or does anyone know if there are supposed to be nuts on those? I would just like it to be the way the it should be. I got it for 395. If all I need is two screws to be new again awesome. Is there any reason why it would had been in this condition. Anything I should keep an ear out for?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Contact [email protected]. Oversized screws could damage the power connector and I suspect there are nuts inside, but Jason will know for sure.

3. JetpackKittens

JetpackKittens

May 17, 2016

Thanks. I just want it to factory spec. If I can get the nut size I can probably go to Home Depot and get replacements. Thanks

B-string likes this.
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

The folks at G-K are friendly and easy to deal with.

shawshank72 likes this.
  5. JetpackKittens

JetpackKittens

May 17, 2016
    I just shot an email at them. Thanks

B-string likes this.
  6. munkeyfish

munkeyfish Supporting Member

Great amp! I LOVE mine! I think you will love it too.

7. heynorm

heynorm

Oct 21, 2010
    Omaha, NE
    My MB115i's power connector became loose. I found that one of the nuts had fallen off/loosened off when I pulled off the amp, then rethreaded it and made sure both were nice and snug. There was nowhere for it to go, so it was still in the cavity area.