Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK MB150 or Eden CXM110

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by liverbird, Jan 27, 2004.

1. liverbird

liverbird

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm looking into buying a small yet powerful, portable Combo. Torn between the GK MB150 (light, also parametric mids) and an Eden CXM110 or 112 (more power I suppose but simpler EQ than the GK?). Play a Stingray 5. Also considering GenzBenz ML200 112T or EBS Drome. Playing situation is theatre gig, full band incl. dr + perc. Would use it as monitor in the pit.

Any advice?

Cheers.

2. pjleo

pjleo

May 27, 2003
    del valley
    liverbird
    i have and still do use the gk mb 150 in various
    situations for the past 12 years.great little amp
    especially when you add an extension cab.
    i also used an eden 110 cab with a 330 head
    and was somewhat unhappy with the cab[at louder volume],it seemed like it could not cut it on the low end [on a four string.] i ended up selling the eden cab.
    i have used the gk in theatre gigs with no extension and seemed to always have plenty of volume. although i have no experience with the gk and a 5 string bass.the gk does have a 12"speaker.
    hope this helps

3. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    I can't comment on the Eden but I use a GK MB150 with my Stingray5 for years now and still like it very much.
    The low B sounds tight even at relatively high volume (compared to other amps of this size) - I'm sure it's loud enough for a theatre pit.

Matthias