GK MB150 Users - What extension cab do you use?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andy Brown, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Got the MB150 which is great for practices, but on stage, I'm afraid it won't be enough. What cabs have you tried and have been happy with? I'm playing rock, with some jazz stuff on the side.
  2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  3. Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    I used whatever cab was available in the clubs
    Or I brought a 2x15 or a 4x10 depending on stage space and genre

If I still had my GK I would use a BagEnd15 , for me that was the sweetest portable combo I ever played. I used to climb up stairs with a BE cab in one hand , a GK in the other and a bass on my back. Though I might have to take it in two trips now.
  4. i've been using the 150 and an earlier version for over 10 years now. i've used a bunch of different cabs. try to get an extension cab with a similar effeciency (loudness) and you'll be much happier.

i've used a couple different 15's and my favorite was a bag end. punchy but still fat and deep. i wish i wouldn't have sold that one...

i also liked an older swr 2X10. that made a loud, punchy and just plain rude rig.

my current and favorite has been the cabinet to my swr baby blue II. it has 2X8 and a 5" tweeter. the bbII cab is 4 ohms and i've always used 8 ohm ext cabs, sooo.... but the sound is fantastic. warm but still detailed and really dynamic.

i also have the little gk 12" extension speaker and i just haven't used it yet...

5. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Merry Xmas back atcha! I love my MB-150. It's about 12 years old, and I can't begin to count how many times the little sucker has bailed me out when my regular rig was unavailable! I've played it through 2X10's, 4X10's, 2X12's and it's sounded great through all of them. :bassist:
  6. EA powered Whizzy 112
  7. shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    I've used many, but right now I'm using an SWR WM1x10, or and Avatar 4x10.

Sounds great with both.
  8. GK Neo 112 sounds awesome with the MB head.