1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK MB150S

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DaBassman, Feb 2, 2004.

1. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    About to buy a new GK MB150S. I want a light weight combo with some "umph". It's light (24lbs) AND pricey, but I like the sound and hear great things about them. Any other combo options I'm missing? Thanks :help:

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    In that size/sound/power/quality range, the only other thing I can think of is the SWR Baby Blue. Its a bit larger, much more expensive. I think you've made a good choice.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've got a 200MB for sale. It's a great little amp with 100 watts of power!:D Check it out...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114896

4. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    I recently saw one of these and couldn't believe how small it was. It says 150 watts on the amp but when i looked at some reviews, they said it was really 90 to 100 watts by itself. 150 watts when you connect into 4 ohms.

I have a swr workingmans 15. It sounds good, but its huge. The GK sounds like a perfect solution. $600 used i think.

peace

chi :cool:

5. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    I also have a swr wkgmn 15! It's a ton! That's why I'm looking for something light..thanks :D