1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK mb2-500 through Avatar b212 neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cabrego, Sep 25, 2008.

1. cabrego

cabrego Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Has anyone tried this combination yet? I am looking for a good 4ohm cab to buy under 500 dollars that is under 60 lbs.

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    The bigger GK heads are used quite a bit with Avatar cabs. Since you can get the same GK tone out of the MB[SUP]2[/SUP]500, then it should work just fine with the Avatar 212

3. blmeier7

blmeier7

May 7, 2006
    Amarillo, TX
    I have an Avatar B212 that I use with my LMII head and the B212 is a great cab for the price.

I played through a MB2 yesterday at GC (only for a few minutes) and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a good match. Since I really didn't get to push the GK cab I was playing through and I haven't played the MB2 in a band setting it's tough to tell what it will really sound like. I can say that it seemed to have the GK sound to it and you can get plenty of "grit" when turning up the boost knob. Overall it seems like a great head for the price. I would really like to spend some more time with it and A/B it with my LMII.