Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK MB200 plus two MBE cabs... possible?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Metropolis_488, May 30, 2012.

1. OK, so I have an MB200 that I pair with a 115MBE and I love it for all the right reasons (light, sounds great, etc).

But for the occasion when I need more volume and want to add another MBE115 (obviously both cabs are 8 ohms) can I daisy-chain the MBE cabs (since there is only one output on the MB200)? I know with many cabs this is not an issue, but the MBE cabs all only have one speakon input and one 1/4" input. I am not sure if those two are wired in a way that would allow them to operate like jackplates with two 1/4" inputs, as found on most cabs.

I was thinking speakon plugged into the first cab from the head, then 1/4 inch input from that cab to one of the inputs on the second MBE cab. Would this work? If not, then I don't think it can be done with my set up.

RAG? If your out there...

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

What you propose is fine.:)

3. Have you done it that way, or you just know that it is wired to do this? Not doubting you, I just don't want to accidentally damage something... which would probably void the warranty.

4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Just know it is wired to do this. The speakon and 1/4" are wired in parallel on all G-K cabs, so "daisy chaining" is possible with any G-K cab.
    If you want confirmation from G-K email jason@gallien.com he may check his email sooner than rag checks here? :)

5. +1. It's ok.

6. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Theres only one speaker output on the amp right? If you have an 8 ohm cab, and the amp will run at 4 ohms,, I'd think daisy chaining 2- 8 ohm cabs would be fine.

7. I have a MB200 head and a 210MBE cab. I got it in 8 ohms so that I could add another 8 ohm cab. I'm 99.9% sure that adding another cab will be fine. Hope it sounds good!

8. would that same method of chaining an additional cab work, if the 2nd cab is a 4ohm (if the first is an 8ohm) ?

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Only if your amp can handle a 2 ohm load. Most can't.

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Not with the amp being discussed, and not with most other amps either.