1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB210 combo w/ ext. cab...any pics?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Apr 23, 2010.

1. For anyone that has a GK MB210 combo with an extension cabinet...can you post some pictures? Also, what extension cabinet do you use? Thanks.

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Did you see the one I put in the comparison thread? I'm using a Trace 1518C.

3. No...I'll have to find it and check it out. Thanks.

4. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I'll save you the trouble....;)

The one on the right is the MB210-1518C. On the left is the mighty MB212 with PA head on it.

Attached Files:

5. Thanks...the cab stacks nice on top of the 210.

6. bassman951

bassman951

Jul 11, 2005
    Hey, cool thread, I just picked an MB210 up today actually! My clip/mute light got stuck on during a practice with my Ampeg SVT-3 Pro (Side-note: any clue what the issue might be? Protection circuit? ) last week so I decided to check out some replacement/backup heads and I ended up falling for this combo instead. I dig the weight and I like the power, but I do have a question for everyone on this post: I currently own a 100 watt Kustom combo which I really like tone-wise for everything but slap, but lately in all my projects I'm slapping more and more (hence the lean towards a 210).

My question is this: should I use the Kustom 15" as an extension cab? I'm kinda debating that, and if so, what would be the cleanest, most preferrable hook-up? Use the ext hookup on the 210? Use an A/B box to run both and keep the eq/vol controls on each to tweak a certain grouped sound? Or should I try the effects loop or DI In/Outs? Should I couple them or leave them both on the floor?

Well, that should be enough questions for now! BTW, the 210 sits perfectly on that Kustom, same width and depth.