1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK MB210 vs GK MB 210-II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superheavyfunk, Jul 24, 2017.

1. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    I'm trying to find out the differences between these two combos. There's the obvious aesthetic differences, but I'm assuming there must be more than just that since the prices for each on the used market are so vastly different. The GK site provides no insight that I can glean... Have any of you used both, or have knowledge of what changed from version to version?

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Other than the cosmetic differences the main things I see is that the MB210 was made in China and has no Chain out connector to connect to a MBP powered extension cabinet. The MB210-II is made in the USA and it has the chain-out connector which allows it to connect to a MBP powered extension.

I personally own a MB410-II & 410MBP It's a great rig and extremely versatile while producing killer tone no matter which bass I choose to use with it.

Maybe some of the other MB210 owners will add their comments between Gen 1 and Gen 2 of the MB210.

TD

superheavyfunk likes this.
  3. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Thanks! I have the opportunity to buy a Series 1 MB210 at what I think is a good price, so I just want to make sure this dude isn't just trying to offload something archaic that I'll be stick with and unhappy about.

4. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Just sold my first generation mb210 along with a mbe115 cab. The mb210 on its on was loud enough for 90% of my bar gigs and with the 115 it could handle outdoor stuff just fine. I play in a 5 piece funk R&B cover band.
    However, I sold it because I couldn't get a consistent tone out of the combo or both together. Perhaps it was the eq (getting a flat tone was all over the place ie. Bass was around 10 o'clock and highs around 2..) or perhaps it was the baked in tone? Quality was a bit suspect as well, the speaker wire came off out of the blue and overall not as solid feeling as my new Traynor sb115, but the mb210 never really let me down either and I was impressed with what the combo alone could handle as far as a larger gig size.
    Now I do love my MB200 tone and build from the same era.. so go figure.