GK mb212 & mbp212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BennyBassBoy, Sep 17, 2018.

1. BennyBassBoy

BennyBassBoy

Sep 14, 2018
    Hi there, it’s my first post here and I wanted to say hi to all and share my experience with GK mb series.

It’s been 3 weeks now since I got my new gk mb212ii and at first I didn’t appreciate it mainly didn’t know how to get the sound I wanted, then after the 2nd week (4 gigs) I spent some time mainly figuring out gain, boost and main volume.

So I figured out with active/passive switch off (on active mode all time), and boost on 3 o’clock and gain at least on 12 o’clock, with dialling the volume to any level you need got me best power out, and with scoop on with bass and treble on 1 o’clock, horn switch on, I got best tone that worked for me with my 12 basses :)

After 2 gigs with this setting there was few good comments and better signal to main sound mixer.

And today I’ve ordered the GK mbp212 to go with it, after talking to GK support and watching few YouTubes and reading here on bassTalk so hopefully it’s going to be an awesome rig

I hope you enjoy my story and welcome to ask or share your thoughts

Best gigging :)

2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    cant go wrong with 412s, 1000 watts and under 100lbs.

BennyBassBoy likes this.
  3. So any updates on how the whole rig sounds together?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021