1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by richbassboy, May 11, 2010.

1. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    ANYONE HAVE THESE THINGS CRANKED VOLUME WISE AND THEY CUT OUT DUE TO CLIPPING.... WHAT A JOKE!!! :scowl:

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Try one or both of the below.

Turn off the limiter switch

If you have hot pickups, plug onto the active input on the combo and bring the gain up at least halfway and then the master

3. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tried contacting support?

4. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    NOT YET, I TELL YA I CAN'T BELEIVE GK MADE THIS AMP AT 500 WATTS AND IT CANT HOLD POWER WITHOUT SHUTTING DOWN. VERY UNHAPPY I BASICLY AM GOING TO TRY LOWERING THE GAIN AND BRINGING UP THE MASTER BUT NOW THIS IS THE 2ND SHOW WHEN THIS THING CUT OUT. NOT HAPPY WITH THE AMP, I CAN CRANK MY AMPEG B100R LOUDER WITH NO WORRIES, TISK TISK GK :rollno:

5. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    THIS HAPPENS WHILE YOUR PLAYING LIVE ALL OF THE SUDDEN POOF YOUR AMP IS OFF YOU LOOK OVER AND THE BLUE RING IS NOW FLASHING RED, YOUR ON STAGE EVERYONES SAYING IN BETWEEN SETS ITS GOTTA BE THE BASS JACK LOL GIVE ME A BREAK. RIDICULOUS

6. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Can you turn off your capslock?

If it cuts out, contact support. Amp shutting down sounds like a technical problem not necessarily the entire model being flawed. Making claims like the whole amp is crap/overrated/constantly shuts down or whatever without talkin to support is ridiculous.

7. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    new account... all caps... just wants to complain... get off of TB

8. Welcome to Class D. This is just their nature, not GK's fault.

9. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    Ok caps are off, I guess I'll call tech support but the manual mentions the smart protection Circuitry, which is exactly whats happening to it, brand new too.

10. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Thanks for turning off caps lock. Definitely talk to tech support - there may be some settings that will work for you.

11. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    I always have been an ampeg guy, I just ventured in to the realm of owning a GK for the first time, iwanting a high wattage combo amp. It sounds great at lower levels just can't handle the high volume, i'll definilty report back to everyone after I do, just don't think they are going to help much. :help:

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    You may be asking the amp to perform beyond it's limitations, which are the 2 12's.

13. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    I already know how to keep it from shutting off, turn the gain down, its that simple but when your trying to blast alot of watts out with out PA support all the time sometimes you have to crank it to be heard.:cool:

14. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If the amp is shutting down it' either a problem or you're asking too much of it. What you feel is "too much" to expect from a 500w combo amp with two 12s is probably different from others, but, IMHO, if it is shutting down on you regularly without sounding like crap you should take it back and get something else :)

15. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    Thanks for helping out guys.

16. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    Maybe i'll throw it on EBAY these things are going like hot cakes... Everyone wants a 500 watt combo 39lbs you can throw in your hatch with 1 finger. :-D

17. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Make sure it's not damaged first as your next owner won't have the benefit of warranty:)

18. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Not to sound like an ass, but the last thing I would want to own is amp the has been played dimed to see how loud it would go. But that's just me....

19. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    Yea but that goes with anything you buy used, you never know how hard it was cranked or played, im buying a warwick on ebay most likley I dont know if the electronics are damaged as its used and i never heard it plugged in yet. :rolleyes:

20. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Well, we know how hard yours was cranked and played. :meh: