1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK MB410 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 2012 AMJAZZ, Jul 21, 2012.

1. 2012 AMJAZZ

2012 AMJAZZ

Jul 21, 2012
    Does anyone have one?
    They are coming out with a new line next month. I am waiting to try those. Anyway, I saw some posts that said the 410 didn't have a lot of low end. I don't know if they meant the cabinet or the combo which has neos. The 210 neo combo sounds nice. I also heard the 212 combo sounds almost as good as the 410. GK said the new 410 combo will be available in Aug. I also heard the Ashdown 410 combo is cool, but there are none around to hear one.

2. You may find some in the 'Gallien Kruger Official Club, Pt 6' thread ... that thread is still short. Pt. 5 is long but also has posts addressing this issue.

You may also try the search function.

A 410 combo is a BIG combo. To me, combos make sense when they are smaller. In the 410 scale I would argue for a separate cab and head solution. More flexible and easier to upgrade, or you may at some point want to run the cab with another head, or vice versa.

If anything, although I never played a GK 410 cab, I have read that the 410NEO has fatter low end than other GK cabs.

3. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Dec 17, 2008
    I'm wondering about these as well.
    I'm looking at getting a GK MB410 combo.
    Weight isn't really an issue for me as i'm not playing out with it, so it won't get moved much.
    I'm more curious about the sound?

Any thoughts?

4. Grave

Grave

Dec 4, 2016
    This combo is a monster. Tons of bass, depth and volume, plus that GK voice that's unique. It's not a cheap amp. I fortunately got one for half the price and I'm very happy.

5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I bought mine new about 5 years ago along with a 410MBP. Extremely versatile killer rig.

GK_4-2.JPG GK_3-2.JPG

TD

spatchthepunk and Grave like this.