1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB500 vs. MB2 500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Winston TK, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    I apologize in advance for such a stupid question, but what is the difference (besides the little "2" on the faceplate) between these two GK micro-amp models?

2. grass132456

grass132456

Sep 12, 2011
    MB2 500 was the first MB with 500 watts. The most recent is the MB500 with 2 different features that make it better, but I'm not 100% sure what they are. They are pretty similar, so your tone is not going to be different. But I would just go for the MB500 if I were you.

3. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    Thanks for the info, grass.

I actually just purchased the MB500 a couple of days ago. And, so far, I must that I am quite impressed with it. Looking forward to testing it out more!

4. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    There were 7 revisions from what I remember, and the 2 was dropped for the current MB500. The latest version with a 7 in the serial number is identical in every way. Some of the earlier versions had some differences, but as the amp was refined and revised it became exactly what it is today. I have a version 7 MB2 500 that is magnificent. Never an issue and pumps the SPL's