1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gk MBE210 vs ampeg micro vr 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony Flow MMMM, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM

Dec 4, 2012
    So I walked into guitarcenter the other day and saw a micro VR stack with 2 2x10 cabs total was about 550$ not bad so I had to snag em before someone else did. However there on hold for the 30 day law deal on use equip.

However I'm more of a GK guy, and also appreciate the fact there MIA.

I am looking for something that may possibly replace my Gk neo 4x10 and 700rb

Today I snagged a GK MB200 for a great deal and am now looking to possibly go all GK, I really wish they made a standard neo 2x10 but they don't.

I'm really just looking for any input for the MBE series.

I Did play a MBx, combo and found the sound to be a little "cheaper" than what I'm used to.

In the end sound will win, but call it OCD, I can't mix the GK and Ameg, I have read a few reciews saying the Gk HEAD blows the ampeg out of the water..

Any thoughts?

I really like vertical stacked 10s

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    I have a pair of both SVT210AV and 212MBE - and both a Micro-VR and MB200. It's all good IMO :) .

3. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM

Dec 4, 2012
    Please TELL ME MOE!!

4. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    The av doesn't have as much low end as the mb210. I've got the 210 combo and had a pair of av's. Like them both. An av on top of the gk combo sounded surprisingly well. Like the best of both worlds. Looked funny.

5. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    I've only used them in rehearsals and lower volume jazz gigs.

The 212MBE's have also been used as PA subs. They are the 4 ohm version and I fed them 600w each - it was a hard rock band but a fairly small room, just kick and no bass in them. On bass I've only run one at a time (as they are 4 ohm) and they sound OK. I probably should open them up and put batting in them but if you like your cabs a bit on the aggressive side as-is is fine. I have the tweeter switched off.

One of the 2x10's with either amp will keep up with a moderate drummer but just barely. I've not run both 2x10's together yet. Obviously one of the 4 ohm ported 2x12's is quite a bit louder, well into earplugs needed territory as I'm sure the pair of 2x10's would be :) .