GK NAMM Possibilites

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tplyons, Jan 12, 2006.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Straight from the horses mouth ;)

Cross yer fingers. Can't wait for the ML250 or the Neo 410.
  2. Oooh, Im liking the Neo 410. I bet thats going to be a killer cab. Their Neo line is great sounding especially for the price. I really like my Neo 112.
  3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I can't wait to tell my guitar friends about the 250ML.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    So far it's a MAYBE. ;)
  5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Point well taken. Right now I have an old 250ML that belongs to my brother-in-law. He gave it to me because it was in need of repair. I fixed what I could find that was broken -- it had some mechanical damage from heavy abuse. Now it works but breaks up at high volumes and I have not gotten around to finding the (probably) loose connection. But I have told my guitar playing friends about this amp, and they are all intrigued by the concept.
  6. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    imagine they release the tube-preamp as a standalone preamp. it'll go great with my 1001RB-II, don't you think?
  7. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I'd like to subscribe to this thread.
  8. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    A new Neo 4x10 from GK? Hmmm....very interesting!
    Any details from anyone?
  9. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI

I'll be mighty-dissapointed the day GK jumps on the tube-bandwagon. They're Solid State, and proud of it! ..right?

10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    And that question was also addressed by BigGroove (Gene at Gallien)

Hey, easy now. Everybody just relax... It's just a tube preamp, but if Bob wanted to turn his attention towards tubes altogether I personally feel some competitors would not be happy to see the genius nosing around in their field!

It's gonna be very cool to say the least...

I know that a lot of people front their GK's with tube pre's, and lose that signature GK sound, so when Bob Gallien found out about this, he realized a tube pre in a GK would be perfect!

Think of it, tube overdrive, solid state power section meaning lots of power, and lightweight. Can't go wrong.
  11. fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    been done already,i think they should stay away from tubes personally.I would like to see a new
    on-off switch on the 1001rb-2,i don't think i am to crazy about the button that's on there,i like a big old
    mesa boogie bass 400 type,on-off.I just bought a gk1001rb-2 and a neo 2-12, and i am picking up a neo 115.
    oh,and i still have my old gk 200mb from 1986,no speaker in it.
  12. So hang on, the tupe-preamp that's mentioned, is that going to be stand alone or incoorporated into a head?
  13. THB_bassman

Oct 11, 2005
    Absolutely agree.
    GK don't need no tubes.
    (I don't dislike tubes, I also own a Mesa and a '73 SVT)
  14. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    That would seriously be the only amp I ever needed. Hopefully the tube side can get a really fat and nasty tone. This is the best amp news I have heard in a long time.

15. BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
    I was just thinking of getting a Neo 2x12. I think I'll have to wait now. What is the estimated price on the ML250? My guitarist will jump ontop of that. He likes my 1001RB, and sometimes plays his guitar into it. He likes the warmth of it. And, yes, GK has stuck to solid-state amps in the past few years. All of their amp heads are the warmest amps besides tube amps you can find, in my opinion.
  16. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Having cruised the GK web site and its forum section, I'm very interested in hearing about the updated 1001RB-II and the Neo 410. If the Neo 410 is available in a 4 ohm version, that would be a great one cab, club gig set-up!