1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Neo 115-II vs GK Neo 115-III

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman74, Apr 25, 2010.

1. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    The GK neo115 series III is a lot smaller.
    I use to own the series II and i liked it very much but it was a little heavy. If the series III could sounds very close i would go with it...

Anyone tried them?

2. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Bump. I'm interested in the answer too.

3. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Just picked up my III from FedEx. I liked it in GC but will report back. Liked the II as well but it was too big. I'll be pushing it Thursday so i'll let you guys know.

4. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    As long as we're asking, what is the difference between the I & II?

I have a Neo 2x12 I, and I believe the II was made dimensionally different so that it would stack with their other Neo cabs, but as far as the 1x15's go I don't know what changed from I to II to III.

5. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    I have 2 neo115's with a 700rbII head, great sounding setup! When I first picked the neo115 up it felt like their was no speaker in the cabinet, its really light and super easy to move. I can fit both 115s in my car's back seat so I could not ask for a better fit. Overall GK has done their homework and it shows!

6. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    which neo 115 do you have?

They made the series III way smaller than the II to stack better with the other cabs...

7. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Those would appear to be the Series III... :meh:

MM

8. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    My only complaint about my ex-GK neo115-II was that it was heavy (56lbs) and large ( it was hard to fit it in my car)

The series III is WAY smaller and only 40 lbs...

Looks like the perfect cab for me, i just wanna make sure the tone is still the same...

9. When GK changed the good sounding 15 SBX sealed cab for a smaller unsealed 15 RBX cab, the tone went out of the window in my opinion. Hopefully they didn't do the same with the downsizing of the neo 15 cab.

10. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    I had a chance to test out my new Neo 115 III last night (after figuring out I had a bad speakon connector). I checked out the series 2 at sam ash and drove around the shopping center to GC and checked out the series 3. I was in stores and they always somehow sound different there. Anyway the series 2 sounded good through I think a GK1001RBII but the size was definitely a nonstarter for me since I've been wanting to downsize. It didn't really blow me away.
    The series 3 on the other hand had me immediately smiling. Sounded more together and focused. Especially with a Markbass Tube 800. That was a great sounding combo.
    My cab I'm driving with a LM2 and it sounds good but a little bottom heavy. Still a great sound with some EQ tweaking. Hoping it will break in and give me the sound I'm looking for. I will be pushing it hard Thursday night so we'll see what it sounds like after that.

All that being said it is a light not tiny but managable cab that can handle some power and put out some sound. I'm happy for now but we'll see how I feel after pushing it.

11. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    They are both neo115's -III

12. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    So I rocked my Neo115III at a gig last night and it really worked out great. This was the first time I really pushed it in a performance situation. It was easy to hear myself my, drummer in a cubby hole had no problem hearing me and it easily penetrated the smaller than we hoped for crowd.

Really cut through with my Little Mark 2. Very happy with the overall sound. At some point I plan on adding a second one of these for bigger gigs but after last night I'm not in as much a hurry to do that.

It is still a decent sized cab. But is much more manageable than the -II. Not sure what the internal volume difference is between it and the - II but it does sound at least as good if not better to my ears.