Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK Neo 212 4 Ohm?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Aug 4, 2005.

1. I've heard that you can get these cabs as a special order. Is there any extra cost with doing this, and how do you go about doing it?

2. Where abouts to you plan on purchasing it?

3. oooooooh, i am interested in this. a neo212 is on the top of my "to get" list.

hopefully daniel elliot will be here to help us out.

4. Shouldn't cost any more than the 8 ohm version.

5. excellent.

6. Also, there wouldn't be any problem running a single 4 ohm Neo 212 with a 1001RB-II right? The cabs rated at 600 but the head puts out 700, should be fine right?

7. yeah, just as long as you don't clip the amp.

8. Well the 1001RB-II is pretty prone to cliipping at high volumes so I've been told so I don't think that's gonna be an issue. New rig here I come :bassist:

9. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I would imagine it would be hard to clip a GK 1001RB-II into two of those effecient 12" Neo drivers that GK uses without causing serious damage to your ears first.

10. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Just push in the -14db button and you will never clip.You can still get plenty of volume out of the 1001RBII this way with out worrying about clipping.Certain basses will make mine clip.My 2001 SR5 never clips the input of the 1001 but my 1977 Stingray does indeed clip(perhaps due to the harshness of the preamp).A couple of notches higher on the input volume and woofer/master will make up for the volume lost with the -14db button in..........