1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK NEO 212....AND IT'S BROKEN! Just Received MESA VENTURE BROKEN TOO!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Aug 16, 2007.

1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    So I have been looking at The GK 212 NEO cabs for a little while and found one used at a GC for 350 shipped in 9 out of 10 shape.

The warehouse at the Grand Rapids store kindly forgot to put ANY kind of padding on the back of the cab or the front in the box only the sides and top and bottom.

Well.........The whole wood assembly that holds the speakers and horn etc is literally falling out. If I pulled on the grill hard enough the only thing left would be wires.

I called the GC to advised of the situation and they actually refunded my money which was a cool thing BEFORE I actually sent it back.

One cab down. I also just bought a Venture 212 in 9 out of 10 shape from another GC to do a pepsi challenge for the two and if they pack this up the same way I will blow up.

Anyhoo, Aaron at the Grand Rapids GC is a very cool guy even though the QC seems to stink in the warehouse.

UPDATE!!!!!!!! Just received the Mesa Venture I ordered from GC and UPS strikes again. This item was well packed and it got beat up and the baffle is loose again as well as the handle bar is destroyed.

2. That should be an easy repair. It's just a loose baffle. If I were you, I'd ask for partial refund and fix the cab. GC (or possibly you) won't have to eat return shipping and you'll have a potentially great cab for cheap. Chances are they'll trash the cab or even try to RTV it (even though it's a used piece) and you don't want to screw GK because GC doesn't know how to pack for shipment.

3. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

Well......

Upon closer inspection it looks it got hit so hard in the UPS shipment I can see an indent in the box where it hit the grill and the grill hit the corner of the speaker so hard there is an actual screw head broken off :eek: one of the speakers. I don't know if a hard enough hit could stretch metal but the actual grill is flimsy now too.

I went ahead and hooked my head up to see how it sounded while taking my knee and pushing on the corner of grill and while it still buzzed real bad on certain notes this cab sounds great.

I am still searching now for the same cab...... :meh:

The guy from GC said they are going for a UPS freight damage claim. I partially agree because it was a horrible packing job but it looks like it fell hard or something fell in it during shipping.

EDIT: They are paying for shipping. I was actually thinking about that and maybe paying 100 bucks for it or something but after seeing how hard it got hit and now 2 broken screws I am entertaining that anymore. The other screw was actually a screw and a peg the kept the grill still it is completely broken off.

4. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I get my Mesa in about an hour and hopefully this store at least has a functional warehouse.

EDIT:

I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!

This showed up beat up!!!! DANGIT!!@!!!!!W!@!@!

Speakers busted and the handlebar destroyed and GC is making me fight UPS to get my money back.

5. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Guitar Center is giving a refund on both after some hassle.

6. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I feel your pain. Anything over 50 lbs and UPS workers get pissed and seem to go out of their way to f#$%k it up. I recently sent a cab that was packed the exact same way I got it, (shipped DHL), by UPS and the buyer told me it looked like it had fell off a mountaintop when it got to him. I have had heavy cabs sent to me by DHL and FEDEX that arrived in good shape considering the weight involved. I'm staying away from Brown.

7. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    UPS no more.

8. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    I've never had a problem with USPS or FedEx, for what it's worth.

9. Same experience here. Given a choice I would never, ever use UPS. Too many bad experiences to list...