1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK Neo 410,,, did I get a KILLER deal or not ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I was playing around on Amazon last night and found the Gallien-Krueger Neo 410 8 ohm new for 399.00 and Im like WOW, very cool thats an amazing price,,, I'll take it,,, after I made the purchase I started really looking at the going prices for the GK 410 and could find no price even close to that low,,,, Im thinkin I just got a KILLER deal.

Not sure if Amazon had the price marked wrong or if it was just on a super low sale price,,,,,, I went back on Amazon a few hours after my purchase and the price was back up to 699.00 as it always has been.

Anyhow, not sure if I lucked out on a killer sale price or if the price was marked wrong,,,, what do ya'll think ???

Cheers
    Davyo

2. Tyrion

Tyrion

Aug 11, 2012
    Hey Dayvo, My eyes about popped out of my head on Thursday when I saw the cabs listed at $399.09. There were four left...needless to say by Yesterday morning there were three left. I did the same thing and kept looking back at the listing and had to laugh when it spiked to 699.99. I half expect to see an email that there was a posting error or something....but otherwise a sweet neo cab is on my way for delivery on Tuesday.

I don't see how this is anything but a truly fantastic deal.

3. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    As the amazon Deals thread creator, I am disappointed , in myself , for not catching and posting this deal!

4. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Cool,,, glad ya got the deal of the century as well !!!!

When I bought mine for 399.00 it listed 5 as being left in stock,, now it list's 3 in stock but at the 699.00 price,, we must have gotten ours right around the same time,,, and yea,, I thought I would get an error email as well, but no, my funds have already transfered and its listed on my account as shipping soon, from past Amazon experience it should ship out to me today some time.

One hell of a deal I would say !!!!!!!!!!

Hey, dont feel too bad,,, I check Amazon all the time, day and night and the deal was not offered for very long at all, perhaps only a few hours.

Cheers
    Davyo

5. Tyrion

Tyrion

Aug 11, 2012
    Hey Davyo,

Just got notice that the cab is expected here by Monday....a day early! Going to make this weekend feel really long!

Just curious what amp you're going to be running with it and what style you play. My next upgrade is a nice amp and I currently have it narrowed down to....well...about 30 different models.

6. wow, nice score - yeah, that was a killer deal.

7. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Congrads Tyrion on the Monday delivery to happen,, very cool.

To run the Neo 410 I will use my MB500 and or my MB200 that I have as a back-up,,,, I've got a truckload of GK gear already so the Neo 410 will have alot of relatives/siblings to be with and hang out with.

I play in all rock bands,,,, here is a video of my original band for veiwing pleasure,

Yea,,,, now I just got to hope it ships and it was not a screw up on Amazons part :)

Cheers
    Davyo

8. Tyrion

Tyrion

Aug 11, 2012
    Thanks for the link Davyo....good rock is better than coffee in the morning!

Don't know why I've been dragging my feet on an MB500...still looking for that ludicrous deal on a fusion 550 I guess.

9. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I did a gig last night, med size room with no PA support for the bass, I took along my MBE115 8ohm cab with my MB500 head,, while that combination worked for the venue, I was almost out of headroom,, Im guessin the Neo 410 would have been much louder than my one MBE115 though.

My next purchase I think is going to be the new MB800 Fusion head,,,, running the MB800 and the Neo 410 I think will be more than enough for any sized room with TONS of headroom to spare.

Hope ya liked my band link.

Cheers
    Davyo

10. Maybe check your Amazon account invoice info - it should tell you. I hope you lucked out. :)

11. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Checked my Amazon acct. and it says shipping soon with a delivery date of Aug 16th.

Funds already taken out of my bank account as well so all looks good.

Cheers
    Davyo

12. Way cool - you lucked out big time. :bassist:

13. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I hope your right Joe,,,, but I will feel much better when I see an "Item shipped" email and a tracking number.

I will post an update when that happens :)

Cheers
    Davyo

14. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Cool,,, got the trackng info that my Neo 410 shipped out,,, will have it on the 20th,,, Yay !!!!!!!!!!

Also found out the new GK MB410 combo I have had on pre-order for the last month will ship to me this Friday.

I had'nt really planned on having two GK 410 rigs but the deal on the Neo 410 was just to crazy to pass up.

Cheers
    Davyo

15. Very cool - btw, the Neo, RB, etc cab link on the new GK webpage is down (File Not Found), so maybe something is happening behind the magic curtain? I sent in a request to join the GK forums yesterday but I haven’t been GK approved yet. :(

EDIT: Never mind - the “Cabinet” page is back up now - but the RB cabs aren’t listed anymore, probably just updating the website some more.

16. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I'd say you got a great deal! They are $599 at MF. Even with the 15% off coupon that MF frequently runs they would still be $509. Nice score!

17. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Yep,, some of the GK website was messed up for a few days,, I got scared and thought GK was going out of business :eek:

I do hope GK hurry's up and puts the manuals online for the new MB's and MBP's.

And no tax with Amazon either.

Cheers
    Davyo

18. Wow yeah, I just tried to looking under the manuals thinking they may be listed under micro’s or something and the PFD page locked up - so until the website people workout the bugs be careful. I still haven’t been approved as a GK forum member yet so I can’t tell them.

PS - I want one of the new little 100w, 21lbs, MB110 combos, so I check Amazon daily looking for “in stock”. ;)