1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK Neo 410 vs. GK Neo 212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by biggredd, Jan 21, 2012.

1. biggredd

biggredd Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I just purchased a GK neo 115 cab and 1001 RBII head. I want to add a neo 410 or a neo 212 and would like some input on which set up would be better. Thanks.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Neither. A matching 15 is the "best" option, or sell the 15, and get 2 of either of the other two. Please read up on this topic, it's getting really old.

3. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    +1

Question for the OP....

Why do you want to add another cab that's different than what you already have? What are you missing that you feel a different cab will add?

4. And yet there are some mixed rigs which many people (very prolific posters at that) who dig mixed rigs.

Examples:

GB Uber410 w Uber 212
    TC RS210 w RS212

These are speaker combinations that are proven to work well together.

You don't hear people brushing aside Joey's or Fretlessboys mixed uber cab rig in the Genz threads...

Don't get me wrong - I completely understand why mixing cabs isn't the best idea - but oftimes the "don't ever mix driver sizes" crowd forget that these manufacturers might actually be designing these cabs to compliment each other.

...Which I think the neo series cabs do.
    Since I own them.