Gk Neo 410s sound blown after a couple songs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sciolla, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Sciolla

Sciolla

Jan 27, 2017
    Florida
    Been having this issue with both of my GK NEO 410 cabs. One since last February, the other has recently started this behavior.

A speaker--usually the top right--will emit a fuzzy, crackling noise whenever they receive any signal after a few minutes of use. I've replaced speakers twice in each cab, one definitely blown, but, these last few have really confused me. One thought to be blown was put back in and works fine, now.

The speakers don't always make the noise and there is no voice coil rub. This makes me believe it's a cab issue, but, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there anything in the cabs that would cause this to happen? Any help would be appreciated. This has been driving my sound guy and I nuts.

2. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    How old are your cabs and what amp are you running them with? I ask because I had a similar situation last year. I would play through my NEO410 and it would sound nice and then after the first song, it sounded blown. Tried it at home and it sounded good. Took it to practice and after the first song it would sound blown again. Now I never had of speaker sounding that way intermittently and this went on for a little bit.

So I contacted Jason Finley at GK and he told me that there was a problem with the NEO410 speakers doing this and that they had them updated in early 2015, mine was purchased in 2014. Even though my warrantee had expired, Jason was kind enough to ship me all the speakers free of charge and sent me an RA for the old ones. 1 year later and my cab still sounds great. I would recommend you contact Jason and see what he says, especially if your cab is older than 2015.

Good Luck

wave rider and AstroSonic like this.
  3. Sciolla

Sciolla

Jan 27, 2017
    Florida
    Thank you very much for your response!

One was purchased November 2011 and the other in 2012 sometime. I've replaced a speaker in 2012 and 2015; 2 in 2016. I ran these cabs with both a 1001rb-ii and a Fusion 550 when this has happened. I talked to Jason last year and he wasn't sure of the issue, but, you might be right. I'll hit him up again.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

A) Did you get the correct GK replacements?
    B) Did you wire the replacements in correctly?

Do the battery test on each 4x10 and check that all four cones move in or out together. Connect the cabinets together and repeat the test and ensure all eight cones move the same way.

5. Sciolla

Sciolla

Jan 27, 2017
    Florida
    A) Yes, sir.
    B) Yes, I did.

Didn't think about that. I'll do a battery test as soon as I can. Thanks for the advice.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022