1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK NEO 412 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chico16, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Chico16

Chico16

Apr 2, 2012
    Yuma, Az
    I just received a GK NEO 412 which I ordered from amazon with the description that it was not used, but the box had already been opened. The cabinet looks brand new, but I noticed a little something. On the bottom left corner of each of the 212's I see an empty space. You can just peek in there and see the back of the cabinet wall. On pictures of other 412s I see 2 circles in that area. Am I really missing something? Or is my cab just not gonna be as cool looking as others? Lol

2. carbonfold

carbonfold Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    Sounds like you have discovered the ports on a Neo II.

3. Sounds like the series II, they don't have the same port arrangement as the I but are about 20 lbs lighter with the same capabilities!

4. Chico16

Chico16

Apr 2, 2012
    Yuma, Az
    Alriiiight thanks! 20 pounds less sounds awesome :D is that the only difference between the 2 series? Just port arrangements?

5. As far as I know tough lighter weight plywood and additional bracing.

6. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Series II... its awesome man. Love mine. I put strap handles on the side & bottom to make it move easier. I've gotten really good at moving it alone up & down stairs & into the car. Its awkward size wise but the weight is manageable.

Rock on... the last cab you need to buy. Grab a smaller cab for small gigs & practice & enjoy.

7. so is the series ll 79 or 99 lbs?

8. 99 lbs shipping weight, 94 lbs IIRC unpacked. My series I is 118 lbs.

9. Congrats! I really think one of these is in my future.

A LOT of love for the 212-II and 412-II around here!

10. Chico16

Chico16

Apr 2, 2012
    Yuma, Az
    Get it! I fell in love with it when I played it as back line at a show. I haven't showed it to my band yet so it's just in my living room. I'm watching a soccer game right now but I can't stop peeking over at the 412!

11. Yeah - I run a 212-II and a 115-III, but that 412... such a great cab.

It has that much overlooked musical factor - intimidation.:eek: