Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK Neo 412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dsidab81, May 31, 2005.

1. dsidab81

dsidab81

Feb 29, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    Anyone out there have any experience with the GK neo 412? I plan on using it with the GK 1001RB-II. I know its rated higher in wattage but I plan on upgrading amp heads in the next few months. I'm curious if it could handle its own in a loud two guitar rock band. One guitarist uses the a Mesa Stilleto stack and the other has a Crate Blue Voodoo. Another possibility that I see is possibly getting dual neo 212's for portability....maybe that would be better option. Opinions / reviews would be great. Thanks

2. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    I don't know a whole lot about the 412 but I do have the 212 and I believe the 412 is the 212 sideways X 2. I use the 212 with a GK700rbII and its plenty loud by itself. I think just this cab alone can stick with just about any loud guitar stack without any problems. I can only image what this rig would be like if I used a second 212.

3. Your guitar players will definitely be scowling at you.

4. My GK Neo 2 x 12 is also quite loud. I can't imagine what 2 of them would be like.

5. dsidab81

dsidab81

Feb 29, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    Well, thanks guys. I think I'm gonna have to go with the 412 since I think transport shouldn't be a problem...conisdering it's got wheels and everything.

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i know what two 212's sound like with a 1001rb, and it's awesome! :hyper:

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have one with an RB2001 amp, and the guitarist now calls me "Sir". :bassist: