1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK Neo 412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dsidab81, May 31, 2005.

1. dsidab81

dsidab81

Feb 29, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    Anyone out there have any experience with the GK neo 412? I plan on using it with the GK 1001RB-II. I know its rated higher in wattage but I plan on upgrading amp heads in the next few months. I'm curious if it could handle its own in a loud two guitar rock band. One guitarist uses the a Mesa Stilleto stack and the other has a Crate Blue Voodoo. Another possibility that I see is possibly getting dual neo 212's for portability....maybe that would be better option. Opinions / reviews would be great. Thanks

2. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    I don't know a whole lot about the 412 but I do have the 212 and I believe the 412 is the 212 sideways X 2. I use the 212 with a GK700rbII and its plenty loud by itself. I think just this cab alone can stick with just about any loud guitar stack without any problems. I can only image what this rig would be like if I used a second 212.

3. Your guitar players will definitely be scowling at you.

4. My GK Neo 2 x 12 is also quite loud. I can't imagine what 2 of them would be like.

5. dsidab81

dsidab81

Feb 29, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    Well, thanks guys. I think I'm gonna have to go with the 412 since I think transport shouldn't be a problem...conisdering it's got wheels and everything.

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i know what two 212's sound like with a 1001rb, and it's awesome! :hyper:

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have one with an RB2001 amp, and the guitarist now calls me "Sir". :bassist: