1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK neo 4x12 replacement speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nickrs540, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Does anyone know what speakers are in a gk neo 4x12? It's the first gen with the black grill if that matters. I blew my top one and I need to replace.

2. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    GK makes their own drivers so you will need to contact them for a matched replacement speaker.

3. Alrighty. Thanks :D

4. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    now we need to know the story, how the hell did you do that?

5. [URL="http://secure.netsolhost.com/272252.276452/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GS&Product_Code=082-0360-A&Category_Code=S8]GK Replacement 12" Neo Driver[/URL]

6. I wish there was a good story behind it. I just fired it up and was half way through a song and my volume cut down dramatically. Checked each speaker and only the top doesn't work. Maybe it isn't even blown, but it ain't making noise thats for sure.

7. Might want to check for a loose wire to the speaker or bad solder on the flex leads to the speaker basket?

8. Looks like I'll be taking it apart sometime soon then. Is there a way I can tell if it's blown without taking it apart. From what I've heard of blown speakers now I don't think mine is blown.

9. No you already know it is not moving. You need to pull the front grill, remove the speaker that is not working to inspect wires. The speaker once loose can be checked by using a 9 volt battery with at least one wire disconnected from it.

10. Thanks B string. You might of saved me $200 :thumbup:

11. That is what its all about :)