1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Neo Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Anthbass, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    I finally had the opportunity to mess with a GK 1001-RBII Neo 2x12. I also had a Neo 1x15 hooked up and to me, this is a very sweet setup. I was playing my own bass through the equipment, in a large open room. I have never chanced to try high end boutique cabs/heads, so to my untrained ears a 'mere' GK rig was phenominal, no noise and very natural. My current rig pales in comparison... Does anyone have a setup like this? How does it respond in a live setting? Thanks.

2. Wanna B Better

Wanna B Better Guest

May 20, 2006
    Central NY
    I have been lookng for this rig at every music store/bass shop I go to. I really want to hear it. I was able to try the New Carvin Neo 212 combo at the Carvin factory store in San Diego, but that small demo room they have really limits what you can do/determine. It sounded great, but that's not a real world playing environment.

I have been to countless GCs, from Hollywood to Beaverton to Upstate NY to Orlando. No GK Neo stuff. Zippo, Nitchky, Nada, Nuttin No Way. :scowl:

Sucks

I like the 1001/212 Combo in priniciple, but I won't buy without trying.

3. GC doesn't carry the Neo cabs or combos currently. Your best bet is to go to an independent GK dealer and request it. I do know there are a couple of online dealers that have it and have a return policy so you can test drive it for 30 days or so.

4. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    January, I took a chance and bought the GK Neo 700 112 combo. It KILLS! It's wonderful for practice, small or medium gigs. It has such a huge sound for a small amp. I love the biamp feature where you can boost the output from each individual speaker to "voice" a room. I'm very pleased with it so far. Really hoping it's a long-lasting product. (Any input there, Daniel?)

Also, for kicks, I'll hook up my Accugroove 112 to it and it just sounds wonderful!

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I own a 2001RB, Neo 212, and Neo 115. Our band just started practicing, and we're far from the point of playing gigs. However, this stack shines solo and during practice sessions! It really seems to stand out in the mix.

Being able to independently control the tweeter and woofer from the amp is a huge plus, since a lot of horn-loaded cabs don't have great flexibility on this level.

6. Wanna B Better

Wanna B Better Guest

May 20, 2006
    Central NY

Again, Daniel, Thanks! I wish someone at the first, second, third, fourth or even fifth GC told me that, as a company, they don't carry the Neo line. Would have saved me a lot of time.

I'll check out some independent dealers. I know the dealer list in on your site.

7. It's actually good that you go in and ask for it, because they stock what is in demand. If people were asking for the Neo combos all the time, they would have to stock it. As it stands, all of our dealers can order it for you, but very few actually stock it. Which is a shame because they are by far my favorite of the whole GK line. The 212 combo imparticular. It's transport system is way more practical than the RB combos for a 6'4" tall guy like me. We're working on a 210 combo that would be just like the 212. I suspect dealers will be more open to that than the 12's