1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Neo or GK RBX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sir718, Mar 10, 2008.

1. sir718

sir718

Dec 2, 2007
    Philly
    I am looking for a new 410. Should I go with the new Neo 410 or a RBX 410. I will be using a 700RB II and then the Fusion 550 once it comes out.

2. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    They're both great cabs, though the Neos are MUCH lighter. What kind of music are you playing? That will affect my recommendation.

3. sir718

sir718

Dec 2, 2007
    Philly
    I guess I can classify my music as pop/rock. It can go from something like the killers into a Jimmy Eat World like chorus.

4. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Not really...
    ...According to the specs that I read on RMC Audio's website, the 410 Neo is 81 lbs., and the 410 RBX is 92.5 lbs. Only an 11.5 lb. difference :meh:.

But, these are only printed specs, and not real life experience...

5. treebranch13

treebranch13

Oct 31, 2007
    Here is the difference:

RBX: boomier, punchier

NEO: Warmer, more even frequency response

6. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    This is going just from memory, but the Neo410 is by far the heaviest of the Neo line. The Neo212 comes in roughly the same size box but weighs substantially less. The Neo410 has individual chambers for each 10, and a lot of extra bracing. I imagine it would be an absolute monster for tone and volume, but not very light in the world of neo cabs.

TS: Another thing to consider is voicing. Based on what I've read (never done an A/B) the RBX has a "classic rock and blues voicing" (whatever that ACTUALLY means is beyond me) whereas the Neo stuff is supposed to have more of a flat voicing... Good luck!

7. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    Agree about the printed specs. The GK 2007 catalog I have lists the 410 RBX at 91.5 lbs, the 410 Neo at 78 lbs. Again, only a 13.5 lb difference, but it's noticeable imho. Not that 78 lbs is exactly light in any case, but every little bit helps.