1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK NEO Speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by robboy, Dec 1, 2006.

1. robboy

robboy

Jul 13, 2006
    Boca raton Florida
    Does anybody know the specs on the Neo 12,s that GK uses in their Neo 112 and Neo 212 cabs? I know that they are made by Eminence but I can't really find out which one it is. None of the drivers on the Eminence website have quite the same specs that GK publishes. The reason I,m asking is that I want to replace the nasty sounding tweeter with a midrange driver but would like to get some info on the woofer so I can figure out the freq response and where to crossover. I guess I can just replace the tweeter with the LA 6CBMR and see what happens. Anyone tried this?

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Waste of time. The spec you need to determine the best crossover frequency is the -6dB point at 30 degrees off-axis, which you can't get even from Eminence. If you can't measure it yourself go no higher than where the cone diameter is a wavelength. With a twelve (10 inch cone) that's about 1.4kHz.

3. Eminence manufactures it for us, but it's our speaker. We designed it to our specs. In fact, Bob Gallien was significantly involved in assisting with the design of Eminence's own Neo speakers.