1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Neo112 or Ampeg svt12he?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skieresz, Jan 1, 2007.

1. skieresz

skieresz

Nov 30, 2002
    I am looking to aquire one or two 1x12 cabinets. I mostly use a GK 800RB but also want to run an all tube head like a Mesa 400+ or SVT Classic through the 1x12s. What cabs would sound best through these heads - the GK Neo112 or the Ampeg svt12he? I figured if I was just gonna use my RB, the NEO 112s would be a slam dunk, but I want cabs that will sound good with an all-tube head as well. I do have an Ampeg 115he that I can use to round out the bottom of the 12 of 12's I purchase.

I play with my fingers and rely mostly on a 74 P-bass and a Franken Jazz both with Dimarzios through an Aguilar 924 outboard. I like to play loud, aggresively and cut through of the mix. I play punk, country and rock in small clubs to rooms up to a few hundred people. Any suggestions would be helpful.