1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK Neo212 and adding another cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Damokles, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Damokles

Damokles

Sep 5, 2008
    Bonn, Germany
    Hi there,

At the moment I'm considering to buy the cab mentioned above.
    But still, there's one question which bothers me. Because my poweramp has 800W @ 2Ohms and 530W @ 4Ohms, which I really want to use, the question is: How can another cab be added to the existing cab? Because the connection panel of the GK has only one speakon-connector and its impedance is 8Ohms. So how can the parallel wiring be done?

Kind regards,
    Dominik

2. brachal

brachal

Jan 7, 2006
    New Orleans, La
    Two 8 Ohm cabinets will equal 4 Ohms, so there shouldn't be a problem ... unless I misunderstand the question. How many outputs are on your amp?

3. Damokles

Damokles

Sep 5, 2008
    Bonn, Germany
    The poweramp has two outputs with 800W@2Ohms each. So, to get the 530W@4Ohms out of one output, I want to connect to cabs with 8Ohms each to only one output, so that, as you already said the total impedance is at 4Ohms. But since the connection panel of the GK-cab has only one speakon-connector I do'nt have any idea how to wire 2 Neo-cabs in a parallel way to only one output!

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    You're making things far more complicated than necessary. Send one power amp output to each cab and forget about bridging, the benefit gained is minimal, if any. Most of the benefit of using a second cab is from mutual coupling anyway, not additional power handling.