1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Neo212 - how do I connect it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HotTubesGrooves, Oct 14, 2006.

1. I recently bought a GK Neo212, and I'm wondering how I can connect it up with my current setup.

I have a Markbass Little Mark 2, which has a speakon out and a 1/4" jack out, a Trace Elliot 8ohm 15" cab with a single 1/4" jack input, and the GK Neo212 (8ohm), which suprisingly only has a single speakon input - no 1/4" jack input.

I want to run both cabs, therefore getting the full 500w from my head at 4ohms, but dont see how I can do it, as it looks like there is no way to daisychain them... I cant plug both cabs into the head can I?

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Umm... that's just about impossible. The Neo 212 DOES has a 1/4" input (labeled "Full Range"). I've got one sitting in front of me now :D

In regards to the hookup... There should be a "Y" cable out there that solves your problem. I've seen both speakon and 1/4" Y cables out there - just make sure that whatever speakon end (if you use speakon) that goes into the GK cab is set up properly into the woofer section (+1/-1) to use the full-range speakon mode. That's about all I can think of.

3. It has the full range label next to a screwthread with a plastic nut on it, but no 1/4" input - unless I'm missing something?

4. modulusman

modulusman Inactive

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    I am not positive but I think you would be okay to plug both cabs into the amp. Use the Speakon for the Gk and be sure that the switch on the cabinet is on fullrange not bi-amp. Use the 1/4 output on the head for the trace cab. I would check your Markbass owners manual just to be sure that you can use both outputs at the same time. The GK cab does have a 1/4 input but it has a plug in it. I don't know how hard it is to remove. Hope this helps.

5. Ah! So its a plug. I thought it was a bit odd, as it does say in the manual that it has a 1/4" jack input. I'll have a fiddle with it and see if I can pull it out.

6. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    :confused:

Umm.. the screwthread + nut is the visible portion of the jack. Unless part of it is broken inside, it should work as-is.

Plug a 1/4" cable into it and your amp, and it should work just fine!

7. It had a rubber plug in the end - I've now removed it :)

8. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Odd... I didn't even know they came with rubber plugs. :eek:

I guess that's what happens when I buy used. I don't use 1/4" anyway :D

9. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Yeah, that little plug can be a pain to remove. You should be able to use both cabs as someone else said, with the speakon going into the GK and the quarter inch going to the other. Make sure the GK cab is switched to full range, because you won't be using the bi-amp feature. You should be able to use the speakon that came with the cab, unless the output on your head feeds power to the wrong connectors on the speakon cable. This is unlikely, but in that case, all its power would go to the cab's tweeter -- not good. I think you need it to be 1+ and 1-, but check on that because I've never done it.

10. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Currently doing marketing and artist relations work for Xvive, and product videos for Markbass
    Hi there-- you can plug both cabs into the Little Mark II.
    The top jack is a speakon/1/4" combo jack, and the bottom is a 1/4" jack. Plug them both in and enjoy!
    cheers,
    Peter

11. I used the Markbass LM2 and GK Neo212 combination last night, and it killed. Really well defined highs, tight lows, and plenty of volume and clarity. Not sure I will even need to put my Trace 15" cab on the bottom now - maybe for very big stages.