1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK neo212 Vs. Ampeg svt410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g-picker, Jul 26, 2007.

1. g-picker

g-picker

Nov 11, 2006
    Hi!

I am planning of getting one of these cabs, I could get them at the same price. I will pair the cab with my GK1001RBII.

I am looking for a modern rock tone, for modern rock I mean something a bit more defined than the classic svt + 810 tone you hear on sooo many recordings, so I guess the GK head with one of these cabs could be a good idea.

I tried the GK cab and I found it nice, anyway I could not push it in the shop. I haven't tried the ampeg yet, so I would like some feedback before going around searching for that cab to test.

weight and portability are not an issue to me, I am only interested in TONE and VOLUME.

The GK is 8 ohm but the sensibility is higher than the ampeg. The ampeg is 4 ohm but it's rated at 500 watts, I don't know if it would be a good match with the 700w GK head.

What cab would you choose?

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    VERY different sounding cabs. You really need to A/B them with your bass to see what you like best.

3. apples and oranges there... I prefer oranges myself (GK)