Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK Neo412 vs.a 610 or 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by canadian*eh, Jan 24, 2006.

1. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Yeah I was woundering I anyone would know how the GK Neo 412 cab compares to 610 cab or a 810 cab.It is rated at 1200watts rms....And has a frequency responce of 36Hz-19KHz with a Sensitivity of 107dB .....And what you bass player's out there think of 412 cab's vs cab's with 10" speakers........Thankx

2. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Hello Anybody out there?????????.I know that you are out there.Please Help!!!!!!!

3. I've done extensive A/B'ing with this cab against a couple of different 810 cabs, two 410 cabs and a 410/115 setup. It's louder, has more lowend and better articulation in the midrange. It also has a really nice attack on it. It adapts well to different playing styles without having to tweak your amp too much. I have not compared it to a 610 cab yet.

4. On low volumes almost everything sounds fine. The trouble begins when others join you and everyone is turning their volume up.
    It's is mainly a matter of taste, but I think the 10ers lack the lows while the 15 gives too much of it. Especially in a live situation. The 10ers have the tendency to take the low area of the guitarsound. The 15 cause all sorts of vibrations in the drumkit and the hall where you play. For me the 12 is the perfect inbetween solution.

Years ago I had a 350 watt Trace Elliot series 6 full stack with a 2x10" and a 15" cabinet. Then I got the oppurtunity to buy a RAH600SMX with strangly enough a 4x10" cab. There was'n much low coming out of this. So I bought a 4x12" to add. This was a bi-amping setup. Then I found out that the 10ers didn't add that much to the sound so I exchanged this one for another 4x12". Now that gave the sound I was looking for: 600 watts throug 8x12". When I turned the volume past 12 it still don't hurt the ears. It's giving a nice warm summerbreeze which goes underneath the other instruments like guitars and synth and don't get in their way.

To my opinion a bass needs to lay a carpet while the others can walk over it. But it's very important that everyone can hear exactly what you are doing. :bassist: