GK owned by Gibson????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Jan 23, 2003.

1. A rather rude employee at a local music shop told me that GK was owned by Gibson. I did not, and still don't believe this. Any info would help. Oh the reason he decided to mouth off some useless facts is because I decided against buying a peavey (because of size) in favor of a GK (which they do not sell). Some store eh?
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That'd probably be news to G-K. Was the store a dealer for G-K? If so, you might get the last laugh by sending an email to G-K to let them know that one of their dealers is giving out that information. Or, call the store manager and let him know that his employees are idiots.

I'm a big fan of putting snotty sales guys in their place. :D
  3. Oh believe me, I already have half an email written:D No they are not dealers which is probably why he was trying discourage me from buying it. It's amazing how much nicer the people are at guitar center than this place, which I will not release the name of unless asked. (Ask me hehehe).

EDIT: Grammar
  4. Whats his name? Whats the music store? Any info would be great! And if you give me his social security number...:p :D :p
  5. I don't have the name of the guy but the store is Alpha Music. I will not be going there again. :rolleyes:
  6. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    GK is not owned by Gibson. It is owned by Robert Gallien. I know this one for a fact!
  7. Don't listen to him , he's a spy for Gibson :D