1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK people!! 700rbII vs MB combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oaklandthumb, Apr 12, 2015.

1. 700rbII and neo 212

16 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. MB212 combo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. oaklandthumb

oaklandthumb

Nov 12, 2014
    If you had to choose, and why. I can assemble the 700 rig for about the cost of the MB if I buy used, so price is no issue.

No experience with the combo, but had a 700rb and loved it.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I prefer a head and cab 9 times outta' 10.

3. gpx1200

gpx1200

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    never heard the mb212 combo but I have an rb700II and a mb800 to my ears the mb has a rounder almost boomy bottom end while the rb istighter,more punchy on the bottom.
    I love bolth of them and im not getting rid of either one. sorry not much help I know

Doug Parent likes this.
  4. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    I personally prefer the non-micro GK heads to their MB series offerings. They sound fuller and weightier to me, if that makes sense. I don't really think you can go wrong with that set of options though.

Mystic Michael likes this.
  5. The MB212 II is an awesome light combo, 500 watts and two 12" NEO speakers. But it is maxed out unless you want to add the powered extension cabs (MBP) which are only about $50 cheaper.

700RB II and one 212 will get a lot done, but you can add a second 212 for total of four 12" with ~500 watts. Much louder than two ;).

6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    If you loved the 700RB, then getting an 700RB-II is a no-brainer. Unless there's an even higher satisfaction level than "loved it", why complicate the decision unnecessarily?

While combos can come in handy and do have their uses, I've personally never encountered a combo amp that could compete straight up against its amp head + cab counterpart of equivalent rating.

MM