1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD GK Plex Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by CLJMB, Jan 22, 2017.

1. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Price:
    $260
    Mint GK Plex preamp with power supply and box. Newer version with updates. Nice piece of kit, but I prefer the sound of my 3 Leaf Enabler so this is up for grabs. Would consider trade for Mesa Subway Bass DI. $260 shipped CONUS. Pex1. PEX 2. PEX BOX.

2. moroza

moroza

Dec 15, 2012
    Someone recommended exactly this for me; I'm looking for a small amp to play into headphones, that can do overdrive and compression and not much else. I've been playing for decades but never got deep into equipment, so pardon the newbie question... do I need anything more than a bass, cable, and headphones to use this thing? What's better about the 3Leaf you mention (I looked at that one too, but it does no overdrive)?

3. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Nothing more than bass cable and headphones needed. The 3 Leaf sounds fatter to me for my basses and playing style ( yes it has no overdrive or tuner or compressor).

4. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Did you try running the GK into the Enabler to test it or just used the HP amp in the Plex? I say this because the GK headphone amp is not as neutral or powerful as the Enabler's. The Aux section is not as transparent either. Having said that, the Plex perform great as a HP amp...just not as perfect as a dedicated amp (the Cafe Walter trounces both).

The GK functioning as a pedal though, is amazing. I can't imagine the Enabler sounding any better (and I owned one for a couple years and played live with it). Maybe give it another chance in the future ;)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017