1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK question: get a MBE210 or MBE115 to use with my GK MB210 ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I have the MB212 and a MB210,, love them both.

The bands I am in play fairly loud, hard rock (not metal) most of the time there is PA support, med to large venues.
    I use a BEAD tuning on all my bass's (my B string gets used alot).

Im wanting to get an ext cab for my MB210 and after reading thru more than a few postings Im still not clear on what would be the best choice to run with my MB210.

So what say you all,, should I get the MBE210 or the MBE115 to mate up with my GK MB210.

What should I expect with either ext cab (tone/volume/punch/ect.)

Thanks much in advance everyone.

Cheers
    Davyo

(of course I will be painting the ext cab grill to match the rest of the family)
    24cfl6r.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Must not have read that much, as the answer is consistent. ALWAYS best to use a matching cab, period. So, the MBE210 is ideal. The 15 would work, of course, but 2 identical cabs ALWAYS work best.

3. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    If you know of any links of members that have paired up a MB210 with the MBE210 please try and post them,,, I actually spent quite a bit of time readng threads and searching,,,when I did a search all I could find was members that had paired up the MB210 with the MBE115.

I did find tons of postings from people talking about getting the MBE210 or waiting for it to be released, but could not find hardly any (if any at all) actual reviews/opinions from people that had actually gotten an MBE210 to run with thier MB210.

Yes, I know it is usually recomended to run matchng ext cabs and thats why I was suprised that I could only find posts about people running the MBE115 with the MB210.

Buy hey, if you can direct me to any postings of actual owners of a MBE210 and MB210 that would be great,, I could not find them.

I even read thru most of the MB210 vs MB212 thread (a very large thread) and every time the MBE210 was mentioned it was talked about as "someone is waiting for it to be released",,,or,, "someone planned on getting it".

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Davyo

4. Super D

Super D

Apr 9, 2011
    Indy
    Have you thought about pairing the two that you have now?

5. infoseeker

infoseeker

Oct 15, 2008
    I have an MB210 and 210MBE. With the extension cab hooked up and the phase correct (some were wired wrong), it is just more "present". More of the same ( but fuller). However, if fuller with the same amount of grind is wanted, be prepared for more volume. That said, it's kind of nice to be able to play around with different sounds by plugging in or unplugging the cabinet (or plugging into the passive or active input). I have no experience with the 115MBE.

Mat B.

6. philter25

philter25

Mar 26, 2010
    Germantown, MD
    PM user "kmon". I think he had the MB210 / MBE210 stack for awhile.

I have played through all the combos and extension speakers, but never them together. I think Davyo's searching ability is correct, there havent been many actual user reviews of the MB210 / MBE210 extension cabinet.

Personally, if you like the sound of your MB210, the MBE210 will just give you more of that sound.

I have found that the MB combo line has kinda broken my old standard rule of thumbs for speakers.

I have found that the 210 seems to have the most low end. I eq'd my bass down to 10:00 to have it sound neutral. I have found that the 115 seems to have more punch. Flat EQ sounds only lightly scooped to my ears.

7. I just picked up an MB210, 210MBE, and 115MBE. I haven't been able to spend more than an hour using them, but my initial impressions are that the tone of the 210MBE is just like the MB210, while the 115MBE has significantly more mids. Actually kind of surprising to me how much the 115MBE changes the tone of the stacked pair. I haven't spent any time yet playing around with the EQ settings, hope to this weekend. :bassist:

I ordered everything from GC during their last sale and I'm planning on keeping only one cab. I am definitely diggin' the combo amp and cabs...gonna be difficult to decide which one to return! :p

8. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv

Thanks for the validation that the info I was looking for does not have many actual users,, "RickinBoogie" said that I "didnt read that much" in search of an answer, the reality is I have been going thru every GK related thread for the last few days tring to find some users of a MB210/MBE210 with not much luck.

And yes, perhaps GK might have broken that rule of using matching size speakers for an ext cab,,,, the reviews I did find were mostly MB210 MBE115 users,, I thought that was kind of odd and interesting.

Cheers
    Davyo

9. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    WOW,, perfect,, you have the MB210, MBE210 and 115MBE,, I am very much looking forward to reading your opinions after you have had a chance to really check the two ext cabs out with you MB210.

I know two things I am wondering is which cab puts out more volume paired with the MB210 and which setup works best for a low B.

Thanks much in advance for any insight and opinions you can offer.

Cheers
    Davyo

10. Blankandson

Blankandson Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Gallatin, Tennessee
    I'll be in Las Vegas in two weeks. If you get a setup by then please post it here and I'll come by and dig it myself.