1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK R1001 2x10 combo cab for sale/trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Wes Whitmore, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Is there any interest in an 8 month old GK 1001RB2x10 combo without the R1001? This cab is in mint condition with a cover. I ended up getting a wireless rack system so I pulled the head and racked it as well. Now I think I am going to change to an Aguilar or SWR top cab to match the Big Ben I just purchased. Any of the first generation heads should fit in this cab, and the new ones probably fit as well since the now sell it that way.
    I am also open to trading for another cab in equally nice condition. I have pictures that I will get up on line in the near future if there is interest. Make me an offer. I think a new one was $599 + 50 for the cover, but I will take a good amount less, or a trade.
    Thanks,
    Wes

2. I'm interested! I have some cash or trade for a "The Bass Company" 2x10 4 ohm or 8 ohm Cab. Very sweet, like a Mesa Boogie. The original 8ohm speakers are getting reconed. Right now I have 2-Madison 16 ohm's in it. Brings the cab to 8 ohms. I've had nothing but great compliments from this bada** cab!! Also has pop out Ernie ball casters.
    Just bought a GK 1001rb-2 (new one). Was going to try and build a top for this cab, to make it a combo, but then this ad came up.
    Email me if interested in a trade. I'll give you all 4 speakers also. Only one of the original speakers need reconing. They weigh something like 5 lbs each!! Crossover tweeter also. Can handle a low B with ease. Great trade offer here. Slap-pop-fingerstyle-pick. It can take it. Actually, with the original speakers, blows my Peavey tvx 4x10 away.
    Hawk

3. How much for the cab? Cash?