1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK RB 115RBH

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Last night I went to a rehearsal studio and they had the new Hartke LH500. Very excited:hyper:.

It was plugged into a GK 115 RBH cab and I had my L2k. Not only could I not figure out how to use the EQ, but I could not find a tone or sound that I liked. Very disturbing but not the end of the world. I attribute it to the cabinet. I would have liked to try the head out on my RS210 cabinet or at least a different one from the that was there.

I think that the GK cab doesn't really have a nice tone that I like. In fact a few weeks ago, I brought my LMII and played through the same cab and I didn't like it AT ALL!!!. Too flat. No growl. Just not very musical. That made me rethink my LM II but I have grown to like it again and that is because I think the RS cab is just paired better.

Anybody have any thoughts on this GK cabinet?

2. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    LOL, I'm the complete opposite. I really like the RBH cabs but have never played a Hartke amp or cab that I liked! I gig my LM3 with 2 GK Neo 115's or an Ampeg 810. I think the Little Mark pairs well with sealed cabs. Is the RS210 a sealed cab?

3. If you are using a "modern" cab then a switch to a traditional ceramic cab would be a different experience. One you very well may not like. The RBH series are killer cabs but not voiced like more modern cabs. Was the tweeter off?

4. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I don't know about the tweeter. The GK Cab wasn't sealed either. I don't know what year it is so I suppose it could be different from the newer ones unless its the newer one and then it could be different from the older ones.:eyebrow:

5. All RBH are ported.