GK rig: 700rb-II + 410SBX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Sep 18, 2004.

1. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I've decided to get the 700rb-II and the 410SBX for a new rig. I want to know from someone whose had alot of expeirience with GK gear, their opinions and several questions answered.

1. Can this rig (320 Watts,4 10 inch speakers @ 8 ohms)
    cut it on most gigs?

2. Can I really rely on GK to hold up? (I pretty much know the answer, someone saying it is just good assurance)

3. Can I get everything from cristal clear pick tones to warm,fat, smooth finger sounds to spikey defined slap?

4. Can these two handle serious distortion and plenty of weird effects??
  2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    The answer to all your questions is hell yes. I've had a 700RB-II for a while now and it's an amazing amp which can do everything you ask and more. Plus it'll put out 480 watts the way you want to set it up cuz it'll be 4 ohms not 8. And that will be INSANELY loud.
  3. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    I think he said one 410SBX which would be 8 ohms and therefore the lower wattage. Not that it makes a huge difference.

I've been interested in this setup too. Especially with regard to the 410SBX. Not many sealed 4x10s on the market. Is it a poor man's Berg NV610? I'm guessing I'd probably need 2 of the 4x10s to achieve the stage volume I require. It would be so cool....(spirals off into a gas attack)
  4. TVD

Jul 14, 2004
    Well, this may not exactly answer your question, but should make you feel better about the GK 700. I recently bought a GK 400RB IV, and use a SWA Goliath 4X10 cab, and headroom has not been an issue at all for me with the 280 watt 400RB IV. I'm loving it, and starting to really get more used to the amp now, and have a sound i really like pretty much dialed in now. Last night, as i will tonight, i played a club that is probably the loudest gig i play of the 5 bands i'm with, and alot of rock. I play mainly country gigs, so last night was a bit of a "test" for it, and the 400RB IV came thru with beyond flying colors. I had headroom to burn. Never put either of the volumes past between 3 and 4, and i was really cutting thru, and i heard everything i was doing crystal clear, and fat,and punchy. I could feel it in my chest a bit standing there, really sounded good, about blew me away. In fact, i was hearing so well, i couldn't play any slop cuz every note was so distinct. heh I used to play a SWR basic 350 head. I hadn't played with this band in about 7 weeks, the drummer said to me is your bass hotter tonight? I said i have a different head, he said dude, your thumpin', and i'm loving it! So if the 400RB IV can do that, i'd have every confidence in the 700, or any other GK head. I haven't had mine very long, but i get the sense that it'll be a tank as far as not breaking down goes. Hope that helps, if not, just disreguard everything i said. Trent
  5. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

I have to say that I've been pretty impressed with mine. When I bought it, I compared it to several others includin the SWR and the and the higher end 410rbs... and I thought it sounded better than either of those. It is a colored cab compared to my acme b2, but it cuts very well, and the price is great.