GK SBX cab, anyone tried one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by morebass!, Jul 14, 2004.

1. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    You don't see many sealed box cabinets out there. Seems like a couple of the SBX 4x10s and you'd have yourself a more portable version of a 8x10 SVT. Maybe a cheaper and more portable option to the Berg NV610 too. But then again the SBX series seems to be the budget line so maybe not. Anyway I'm intrigued and curious to know what people's reactions are to hearing them.
  2. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    and another question - what does the 4x10 weight? On the GK website it says 93 lbs and on Rik's Music site it says 70 lbs.
  3. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Must be 70. The RBHs are 92.
  4. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

Well.. I picked up a 410SBX not too long ago, and I can say its not that heavy. 70lbs is probably right. The size is pretty small and with the handle placement, not that bulky or hard to carry.

As far as sound goes. Its not the end-all be-all. Its a little more mid-rangey than the RBH, and given the sensitivity ratings, not that much different volume wise when put side by side with the same power. It won't handle as much power as an RBH...but I'm only throwing 350 watts at it (one channel) so it suits my needs well. I use the 410 w/ my B2 (for the booty and upper end definition) and the sound is pretty damn good.

Take into consideration though that I wanted a 4x10 that I didn't have to worry about lugging around to gigs and getting beat up. I have a hard time taking a 1K+ botique cab to a bar compared to a ~$450 one.